CDO Workforce Career Center
Chenango – Delaware – Otsego
Director – Glenn Nealis
Fiscal Office Manager – Anne Aikens
Office Hours: 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Monday – Friday (except holidays)
Delaware County Offices of Employment & Training
1 Courthouse Square – Suite 3
Delhi, NY 13753
Toll Free: 800-638-6136
Employment and Training Coordinator-Burkley Cole
Youth Employment and Training Counselor- Shivaun Gano
21 Liberty Street
Sidney, NY 13838
Toll Free: 800-OET-6136
Employment and Training Counselor-Jennifer Del Rio
Senior Employment and Training Counselor- April Feyh
The CDO (Chenango-Delaware-Otsego) Workforce mission is to provide quality service in a coordinated, user-friendly
manner that meets the employment and training needs of our job seekers, workers, and businesses in the
Chenango, Delaware, and Otsego Area.
- Initial Assessment
- We assess your skills, determine your eligibility, and develop a customized re-employment strategy for you to follow. Often, you are referred into one or more of the programs or activities listed below.
- Case Management
- OET assigns a counselor to assist in the development of an agreed upon strategy and to help implement an individual plan.
- On-The-Job Training (OJT)
- Through agreements with private sector employers, OET may arrange for specific skill training on the job. Employers may be reimbursed for a portion of a participant’s training costs during this period.
- Classroom Training
- Specific vocational fields of study are provided to the OET customer through contracts with local colleges, BOCES, private sector training institutions and private schools. A wide range of training options are discussed with the OET customer during Case Management.
- Re-Employment Services
- OET assists in job search strategies and techniques, résumé preparation and interview skills training. We also provide transition workshops.
- Youth Employment
- OET coordinates year-around employment opportunities for youth, including a direct referral service. We also offer subsidized employment opportunities in public sectors, non-profit sectors, and private industry for individuals from 16 to 21, who qualify.
Serving Chenango, Delaware, & Otsego Counties