How Can We Help
Information, Procedures, and Responsibilities
Promote Gun Safety
Responsible Firearm Storage is the Law in New York State
- Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard unless you intend to fire the weapon.
- Store firearms securely from unauthorized persons and children.
- Store ammunition securely and separately from firearms.
- Follow safety recommendations when clearing or unloading a firearm. Repeat steps twice to be sure firearm is completely unloaded.
- Familiarize yourself with and obey all federal, state, and local laws regarding the purchase, possession, carrying, use, storage, and disposition/sale of firearms.