We Can Handle Just About Anything

WE HAVE Answers

Ask Us Anything

You must be a registered voter in the county in which you live in order to vote. To register, you must be 18 years old by the date of the election in which you wish to vote, live at your present address for at least 30 days before the election, not be in jail or on parole for a felony conviction, and not claim the right to vote elsewhere.

You will receive a post card when your registration application has been approved. The card will tell you your election district and the location of your polling place.

Yes. Many elections have been decided by a close vote or ended in a tie.

You cast your vote on a paper ballot; the ballot is then put into a tabulator.  There is no indication on the paper ballot of who voted on which ballot.  Therefore once inside the tabulator all votes are secret.

A form of ID may be needed.

Yes. A voter with a disability may have the assistance of anyone of their choice except their employer or union agent. One election inspector from each political party may also assist a voter.

You will cast your write-in vote on the paper ballot inside the box marked “Write-In”.  Your write-in must be written in the column for the office for which you wish to cast your vote.

If your name does not appear on the election inspector’s list you will be given a paper ballot which is called an affidavit ballot. The Board of Elections will check its records and your vote will be counted if you are indeed eligible to vote. If they find you are not eligible, you will receive a notice explaining why along with a registration form.

Beginning in November 2019, the Board of Elections will have Early Voting. Specific date will be added to our website for each election going forward. You may vote by absentee ballot if you will be out of the county. Call or write your county Board of Elections requesting an absentee application for the ballot. All applications must be mailed to the Board of Elections no later than the seventh day before the election for which a ballot is first requested. To download an Absentee application in Adobe Acrobat format, select the following link:

By calling the Board of Elections at 607-832-5321 and asking to have an application sent to you.  You may also pick up an application at any post office or town clerk.  You may also register at the Board of Elections office at 3 Gallant Avenue, Delhi NY Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4 pm.  To download the application in Adobe Acrobat format, select the following link:

No. A new law was passed in 2019 which now transfers your registration form county to county. If you are a registered voter in NY, you will remain on the voter rolls. You must inform the Board of Elections of any residential move so that your records are kept up to date. You may also change your address through the DMV.

No. You may send the Board of Elections your new address in Delaware County and your record will be transferred. You will be sent a notice confirming your new address. You will also be notified of the location of your new polling place.

Maybe – Jurors are also selected from motor vehicle lists, tax rolls, and other lists.

A Primary Election is an election at which only enrolled members of a party may vote. Primaries are held by the party to choose their candidates for the General Election. Primaries will be held on the fourth Tuesday in June before every General Election unless otherwise changed by and Act of the Legislature.

Information is available from local civic organizations, individual candidates, political parties, and newspapers.

It means that you choose to list yourself as a member of a political party. There are six recognized parties in New York State. They are Democratic, Republican, Conservative, Working Families, Independence, and Green.

You enroll in a party by indicating your choice on the voter registration form.

Yes. Registered voters may apply for a change of enrollment. They may apply by sending the Board of Elections a new registration form indicating the party enrollment change. The application must be received no later than the 25th day before the general election. The change becomes effective on the first Tuesday following the general election.

Election Inspectors are the people that are at the poll sites on Election Day that have you sign in , give you a ballot, and guide you through the voting process. They are also called Election Poll Workers.

If you are interested in being an Election Inspector, call our office at (607) 832-5321 or download this flyer for more information:

Don’t Wait

Contact Us With Any Questions